KneeMD™ is the First Patient-Controlled Knee Rehabilitation Device to Help Improve Range of Motion after Total Knee Replacement or Other Major Knee Surgeries.
KneeMD offers comprehensive knee rehabilitation capabilities by allowing patients to practice and perform a variety of stretches that simulate the different ways a physical therapist would manipulate their knees during a therapy session.
KneeMD is lightweight and easily portable, so patients can use it anytime and anywhere, improving compliance and satisfaction with rehabilitation therapy.
KneeMD is already helping patients at top physical therapy clinics regain motion after knee surgery and is available for purchase by patients and clinics nationwide.
Post-operative rehabilitation following total knee arthroplasty (TKA, or total knee replacement) and other major knee surgeries is critical for regaining range of motion and strength. KneeMD is an easy-to-use knee rehabilitation device that allows patients to effectively stretch and rotate their knees on their own, without the assistance of a physical therapist. KneeMD gives the patient complete control over their therapy exercises, so they can adjust the frequency, duration and intensity of rehabilitation to minimize pain and maximize functional gain.
Because it’s so effective and easy to use, KneeMD is helping patients take ownership of their own rehabilitation. Physical therapists who use KneeMD with their patients report improved patient compliance with therapy, leading to an overall decrease in manipulation and an increase in patient satisfaction and success.
Praise for KneeMD™
- “10 out of 10 physical therapists who have been introduced to and used KneeMD continue to use it because of its results. We’ve also seen an increase in physician referrals due to an increase in patient success.”Seth Kelson, DPT, Founder of American Fork Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Clinic and Utah Valley Physical Therapy Spine and Sports Medicine
- “Patients are allowed full control of the stretching and mobilizing, therefore, they can appropriately adjust the intensity allowing for them to decrease overall guarding.”Laurie Griffin, Physical Therapist, Howard Head Sports Medicine
- It helps me tremendously. I use before every game before I warm up and start activity. Then use after game. It allows my knee to get that extra couple degrees and puts less stress on my leg. My trainers even pack it on all the road trips. I like how convenient it is as well. i know my knee wouldn't be as good as it is now with out it.Chris Coughlan, 2009 NL Rookie of the Year
- “Great tool to give patients to use at home as part of a HEP (home exercise program).”Luke O’Brien, Head of Physical Therapy, Howard Head Sports Medicine
- “I did not have access to the KneeMD after my first procedure, but was delighted to have it for my 2nd knee replacement. I was previously dependent on going to the PT offices or having a Physical Therapist come to my home, but with KneeMD, I was able to push my therapy longer and harder on days that I was feeling better while also giving me the reassurance that if I couldn’t make it to my PT appointment for some reason, I had my KneeMD at home and could do my rehab program at any time right in the comfort of my own home. I found the KneeMD to be invaluable.”Julie B, Patient, total knee arthroplasty
- “This product has been a simple and inexpensive modality which has provided great benefit to several of our total knee replacement patients who struggled with extension range of motion post-operatively. Despite aggressive physical therapy measures… they failed to achieve adequate extension until the KneeMD was employed. While other stretching methods failed, the KneeMD provided the added benefit by its repetitive use on the home front and with the patient controlling force application.”Troy Johnson, MS, PA-C with Thomas D. Rosenberg, MD of The Orthopedic Clinic at Park City