KneeMD™ is the First Patient-Controlled Knee Rehabilitation Device to Help Improve Range of Motion after Total Knee Replacement or Other Major Knee Surgeries.
KneeMD offers comprehensive knee rehabilitation capabilities by allowing patients to practice and perform a variety of stretches that simulate the different ways a physical therapist would manipulate their knees during a therapy session.
KneeMD is lightweight and easily portable, so patients can use it anytime and anywhere, improving compliance and satisfaction with rehabilitation therapy.
KneeMD is already helping patients at top physical therapy clinics regain motion after knee surgery and is available for purchase by patients and clinics nationwide.
Post-operative rehabilitation following total knee arthroplasty (TKA, or total knee replacement) and other major knee surgeries is critical for regaining range of motion and strength. KneeMD is an easy-to-use knee rehabilitation device that allows patients to effectively stretch and rotate their knees on their own, without the assistance of a physical therapist. KneeMD gives the patient complete control over their therapy exercises, so they can adjust the frequency, duration and intensity of rehabilitation to minimize pain and maximize functional gain.
Because it’s so effective and easy to use, KneeMD is helping patients take ownership of their own rehabilitation. Physical therapists who use KneeMD with their patients report improved patient compliance with therapy, leading to an overall decrease in manipulation and an increase in patient satisfaction and success.
Praise for KneeMD™
- It helps me tremendously. I use before every game before I warm up and start activity. Then use after game. It allows my knee to get that extra couple degrees and puts less stress on my leg. My trainers even pack it on all the road trips. I like how convenient it is as well. i know my knee wouldn't be as good as it is now with out it.Chris Coughlan, 2009 NL Rookie of the Year
- “Patients are allowed full control of the stretching and mobilizing, therefore, they can appropriately adjust the intensity allowing for them to decrease overall guarding.”Laurie Griffin, Physical Therapist, Howard Head Sports Medicine
- “This product has been a simple and inexpensive modality which has provided great benefit to several of our total knee replacement patients who struggled with extension range of motion post-operatively. Despite aggressive physical therapy measures… they failed to achieve adequate extension until the KneeMD was employed. While other stretching methods failed, the KneeMD provided the added benefit by its repetitive use on the home front and with the patient controlling force application.”Troy Johnson, MS, PA-C with Thomas D. Rosenberg, MD of The Orthopedic Clinic at Park City
- “The KneeMD is a Blessing for anyone with an extension deficit.”Tristen G, Patient, long-time arthrofibrosis, many knee surgeries
- “Great tool to give patients to use at home as part of a HEP (home exercise program).”Luke O’Brien, Head of Physical Therapy, Howard Head Sports Medicine
- “KneeMD has helped greatly with my rehab, as I can work on extension for extended periods of time at home and with less pain than (other devices). The ability to control the tension allows me to push harder than when allowing PT’s to manipulate, because I can control the pain.”Christy H, Patient, knee surgery with range of motion deficit